Linux 2.4.33 on Dell Workstation

Hi.
I'm using a Dell workstation with 2x2.8GHz Intel Xeon (old generation,
based on P4 I suppose...) and 3GB RAM.
I've seen in the kernel configuration that the cpu is set to 486!
If I want to recompile, how to set cpu in the kernel and memory for max
performance with my workstation?
Many thanks

  • Linux 2.4.33 on Dell Workstation
    ... I'm using a Dell workstation with 2x2.8GHz Intel Xeon (old generation, ... and 3GB RAM. ... I've seen in the kernel configuration that the cpu is set to 486! ... how to set cpu in the kernel and memory for max ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Linux 2.4.33 on Dell Workstation
    ... I'm using a Dell workstation with 2x2.8GHz Intel Xeon (old generation, ... I've seen in the kernel configuration that the cpu is set to 486! ... how to set cpu in the kernel and memory for max ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)