Re: IDE Cable
- From: robert <slackwarerobert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:15:51 +0000
Well if you want to rewrite the ide subsystem.....
IDE will allow two commands if one of them is only a seek command.
But if you are going to look at controllers, caching ones are a great
I still run a 40ms seek 20 meg scsi on a 486 with cashing I don't notice
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 00:25:42 +0000, AZ Nomad wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:07:57 -0500, Ben Olive <ben.olive@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is it possible to use both a hard drive and an optical drive on the same
It's possible, but a very very bad idea. IDE can't walk and chew gum at
the same time. While doing a seek on the CD, a signifigantly time consuming
operation, all hard drive access will be blocked. Send the ten bucks and
get a PCI ide controller card if you're short IDE ports.
- Prev by Date: Re: 1280x800 with Intel 945GM (laptop)
- Next by Date: Re: Dual hosting SCSI devices
- Previous by thread: 1280x800 with Intel 945GM (laptop)
- Next by thread: Re: Dual hosting SCSI devices