Re: Ubuntu non-live

On 11 Mar 2007 20:34:02 -0700, quantum111111@xxxxxxxxx
<quantum111111@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I am just starting off with Ubuntu - downloaded the latest version
from ubuntu.com, and it turns out that it is a live CD, rather than an
installer.

It's both.

--
I want to so HAPPY, the VEINS in my neck STAND OUT!!

  • Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)
    ... Ubuntu, if you don't upgrade, is perfect in this respect. ... Debian does too, but its not so obvious as you have ... need to do is have a different installer? ... Gives novices a working and comfortable installation out ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: UbuntuCE and root login question
    ... I loaded Ubuntu on my win2k system yesterday and all seemed to go very well. ... /boot/grub/menu.lst file to change a couple thing on the grub boot menu. ... The installer did not ask for a ... root password, so I have no password to enter to login as root. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: [opensuse] small installation help
    ... Ubuntu install, you will have to tell the installer what to do with that. ... is different partition? ... automatically took all the options keeping aside Windows XP safe). ...
    (SuSE)
  • Ubuntu 13.10 failed install
    ... We put in a new one, then I booted the Ubuntu 13.10 LiveCD ... I chose "erase entire disk" and the installer complied, ... Only it doesn't boot. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: (OT) Parallels: which Linux?
    ... installer that merely sucks is a gigantic leap forward. ... go the Debian GNU/Linux route, assume nothing and ask about everything, ... Ubuntu seems to tread a fairly good middle ground; ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)