Re: bootable floppy for Debian-on-USB

Debian already has a special boot floppy for booting systems that can't
boot off USB drives directly to boot. I used it to install Debian on an
IBM 240X notebook, which can only boot off the hard drive or floppy, to
boot and install Debian off the USB CD-ROM drive.

Stef

do you have a link? I'm a newbie so I'm looking for done, completed,
'.raw' image of floppy.
I'm trying to boot (not install) Debian from USB.

some people said that new kernel with USB support is too big to fit on
diskette.

  • Re: Bootable USB HDD
    ... with the ability to boot from USB is required. ... both of whom stated that USB external drives ... >>>>USB external hard drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Bootable USB HDD
    ... I was suggesting it possible to boot off a floppy that loads the drivers ... > a USB HDD there is a work around so you can boot directly from a USB HDD; ... >>>>>internal hard drives to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Boot to USB
    ... "John John" wrote in message ... Windows XP can be installed and booted on a drive other than C, for that matter there is no need at all to even have a C drive and there are many installations out there without C drives. ... You appear to be stating that it is impossible to boot anything off a USB device, which is clearly not the case as almost all new computers can boot off USB devices. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How can I flash the Bios with out a flopy drive?
    ... so buy a floppy drive cheapskate. ... absolute minimum of code to boot from a floppy and, maybe, display ... That whole area of USB bootability is somewhat fraught, ... but there are several approaches as to how you make such drives ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Master/Slave (S & M?)
    ... > I want a way to occasionally boot from the new slave HD without opening ... Can I do this thru the BIOS? ... low level, DOS like support, for USB keyboards and mice. ... drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)