Re: A curious one

John Hasler wrote:
The Natural Philosopher writes:
After a power cut, my headless server -debian testing 2.6ish - wont
reboot without keyboard input..comes up with a floppy error.

I tried telling the BIOS it had no floppies, but it still does it..is
this a Linux issue or a BIOS type issue..?

It would be helpful to have more detail (such as exact error messages...)
but 10:1 this is a BIOS problem.

Yep. Could well be its losing its battery backed configs..

I have an old Aptiva that I use for a router (no keyboard or monitor).
Worked fine for months and then suddenly decided it couldn't boot without a
mouse (nothing relevant in the BIOS config). It now has a mouse taped to
the case.
.