Re: Active mode FTP over PPP

logger <grumblers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Mark. Thanks for your reply. In answer to your questions.

I'm expecting the traffic from "A" to be routed to "B" via "A"'s
ethernet card through to "B"'s ethernet card.

So the datapath would be "client" via modem PPP to "B" modem PPP

You have dialed "A", I presume that you mean PPP to "A", then LAN to "B"

So server "A" has a PPP connection to Client and and Ethernet connection to
"B".

Hmmm, OK. You appear to be using the same IP network address for the two
machines, and you are trying to push traffic through A's PPP connection and
out through A's Ethernet port.

A has no obligation to forward the traffic, since the IP address for both the
PPP connection and the Ethernet port are the same (Unless A has been
configured to act as a bridge). A can presume that client can see B, because
it is on the same IP network address.

You need to rethink the topology here, and maybe look at creating a small
subnet and appropriate routing tables / default gateways.

My guess is that your problem with FTP is probably due to a reply packet being
dropped at A.

Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Hobley
393 Quinton Road West

Telephone: (0121) 247 1596
International: 0044 121 247 1596

http://markhobley.yi.org/

  • Re: Internet connection sharing
    ... The computer is a IBM A50 with built in Ethernet and video P4 3G. ... The internet connection is cable internet over a Motorola surfboard ... You'll need one NIC for the downstream hosts from your gateway host ... OUT OF THE CABLE MODEM is not working. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: cannot establish IP connection with the cable provider
    ... troubled desktop computer via an Ethernet cable. ... establish connection with their own IP network. ... Perhaps the power surge did in the ethernet card. ...
  • Re: cannot establish IP connection with the cable provider
    ... the modem is connected to a router, and the router is connected to the ... troubled desktop computer via an Ethernet cable. ... establish connection with their own IP network. ... Perhaps the power surge did in the ethernet card. ...
  • Re: Cant get my laptop to connect to an existing ethernet connection
    ... >The laptop I have is a Pavilion zv6000 and runs Windows XP. ... >used the ethernet access at IdleAire stations before with no problem so ... >into someones home to disconnect their ethernet card and plug into the ... >deleting the connection and reconfiguring it, ...
  • Re: platform builder 4.2 debugger cannot connect to target
    ... Kernel Transport to Serial, ... to init KITL for Ethernet, not serial as it's doing now. ... I captured the serial port output during the download and boot up. ... Debugger could not initialize connection. ...