Re: Linux preferred. How to deal with pre-installed Vista ... or just forget about it?

Guillermo Antonio Amaral Bastidas wrote:

Ogre wrote:

If you give your daughter a computer with Vista installed on it, you are
guilty of child abuse. :)

I'd nuke the entire disk and do a fresh Linux install. If windows is
really needed for some reason, get WinXP Pro and dual boot the system.

I dual boot with WinXP because all the good games require windows.

I must agree, bin the `Vista` and install some good old GNU/Linux
distribution on there, later on ( if you really need to ) you can run `XP`
on a virtual machine.

Games that use 3d hardware acceleration won't work in a virtual environment. Dual booting is the best option.

--
Ogre