Re: hacker contest

AWM wrote:
I heard about the hacking contest where the Mac and Vista were hacked into but not Linux. Does anyone know which distribution of Linux it was?

It was OSX, a version of it Apple created for the Mac. It has nothing to do with us.

--
In the US, two hundred years is a long time.
In Europe, two hundred miles is a long distance.

  • Re: Why so hard to setup hardware? Control panel?
    ... > Linux is the kernel, that everything else runs on top of. ... Linux people are knife builders and whittlers. ... > these common elements to make up their distribution. ... Depending on the distribution and the hardware platform my results have ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: linux vs mac
    ... There is a lot of software you can get to run on Linux, ... distribution is a Linux distribution packaged so as to be useful for ... you might also want to consider another operating system, ... Even Fink is only a marginal improvement, since the packages are so out of date. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Why so hard to setup hardware? Control panel?
    ... >> Linux is the kernel, that everything else runs on top of. ... >> these common elements to make up their distribution. ... > Depending on the distribution and the hardware platform my results have ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Of mice and men
    ... > To talk about "Linux" is really a bit of a misnomer ... ... > distribution is put together in standard install disk. ... > under Xorg screens, so can co-exist. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: why not like linux ?
    ... For Linux, get another distribution where this is not needed. ... Oh, obviously, you forget Windows 95/98/Me, do you? ... FreeBSD and Windows are whole OS ...