video driver / only low resolution possible?
- From: Eilko <nijboer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:59:23 +0200
I just installed Debian 4.0 for an AMD-64 processor. Unfortunately, I cannot set the screen resolution to something else than 640x480, on 60Hz.
My video card is a GeForce 7100 GS; capable of much more than only basic vga....
I tried to download a driver from nvidia.com, but then I need to recompile a lot of things. libc header files are missing, ect. Just a little bit too complicated for a starting linux user :(
Does anybody have a suggestion how to set the higher screen resolutions?
Thanx in advance for any hint!
- Prev by Date: Re: ACPI problem
- Next by Date: Re: video driver / only low resolution possible?
- Previous by thread: ACPI problem
- Next by thread: Re: video driver / only low resolution possible?