CentOS 3.9 installation problem

I'm having some problems getting CentOS 3.9 x84_64 installed.
Hardware is a Dell 7400 with a Quadro FX570 graphics card
and USB keyboard/mouse.

I followed the installation through, leaving the graphics card
choice as default VESA and setting the screen to LCD 1680x1050.
All seemed to go fine. However when I boot, after the usual
messages it gets to new hardware checking and runs kudzu,
asking to press any key. Unfortunately the keyboard does not
respond.

It then goes on to complete booting, tries to start the X server
and says there is a problem... but again the keyboard is not
working to continue.

Any ideas? Keyboard worked just fine during the installation!
.