Re: hardening Linux

In comp.os.linux.setup on Sun, 17 Aug 2008 23:55:01 -0700 (PDT), shank
<SHANK4U@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

I am relatively new to Linux Internals but fairly acquainted with
Linux administration. How do i go about
Hardening LINUX. can anyine suggest me good and easy doccumentation.

This HOWTO is Debian-specific, but a lot of the advice can be applied
to other distros:
<http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/>

See also: <http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Security-HOWTO/>

And of course: <http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+hardening>

--
PJR :-)

Version 0.9.9 of the slrn newsreader has been released:
<http://slrn.sourceforge.net/>

  • Re: hardening Linux
    ... Linux administration. ... can anyine suggest me good and easy doccumentation. ... SELINUX is part of Red Hat Enterprise Linux ... It protects against classes of attack that are fairly unusual, and in use, so interferes with normal software that it creates a debugging nightmare. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: hardening Linux
    ... Linux administration. ... can anyine suggest me good and easy doccumentation. ... SELINUX is part of Red Hat Enterprise Linux ... It protects against classes of attack that are fairly unusual, and in use, so interferes with normal software that it creates a debugging nightmare. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: hardening Linux
    ... Linux administration. ... Hardening LINUX. ... can anyine suggest me good and easy doccumentation. ... SELINUX is part of Red Hat Enterprise Linux ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • hardening Linux
    ... Linux administration. ... Hardening LINUX. ... can anyine suggest me good and easy doccumentation. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Folder permissions - how to change?
    ... Q268019 HOW TO: Take Ownership of Files ... >I've recently shifted from Linux Administration to Windows 2000 ... >Even local admin or Domain admin is unable to access that folder. ... >Being formally a linux administrator I know there root ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)