Re: disk spin down with lots of log files

By Murphey's law, the system would crash just before your hours of log data
was written to disk, so you would have nothing to debug with.

I'm prepared to take that risk. The main reason I miss data currently
is because I'm hacking with the software.

If a system is only used for something simple, it's easy to have
uptimes of many months. That box hasn't had any problems since
a month ago when I updated the kernel. Another box that's not
doing much has been up for 3 months.

If you have two or more computers on a LAN, why not have each machine keep
its log files on the other?

I'm trying to reduce power consumption, not double it.

  • Re: Now Im scared
    ... I was no risk to anyone, not myself, not anyone. ... see no reason for me being kept locked up and let me go. ... A psychiatric nurse is then appointed to monitor ... And you want to make out that I was a violent psycho! ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Disk Encryption for remote XP machines.
    ... the hard disk to the device WITHOUT any extra hardware. ... reputational risk should the disk end up on ebay and it has BANK OF ... And now all you say you need is disk encryption. ... "solved" the problem of data security. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Disk Encryption for remote XP machines.
    ... the hard disk to the device WITHOUT any extra hardware. ... reputational risk should the disk end up on ebay and it has BANK OF ... And now all you say you need is disk encryption. ... "solved" the problem of data security. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Disk Encryption for remote XP machines.
    ... the hard disk to the device WITHOUT any extra hardware. ... reputational risk should the disk end up on ebay and it has BANK OF ... And now all you say you need is disk encryption. ... "solved" the problem of data security. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Disk Encryption for remote XP machines.
    ... the hard disk to the device WITHOUT any extra hardware. ... reputational risk should the disk end up on ebay and it has BANK OF ... "solved" the problem of data security. ... system developed incrementally over 20 years could well cost hundreds of thousands ...
    (alt.computer.security)