Re: disk spin down with lots of log files

By Murphey's law, the system would crash just before your hours of log data
was written to disk, so you would have nothing to debug with.

I'm prepared to take that risk. The main reason I miss data currently
is because I'm hacking with the software.

If a system is only used for something simple, it's easy to have
uptimes of many months. That box hasn't had any problems since
a month ago when I updated the kernel. Another box that's not
doing much has been up for 3 months.

If you have two or more computers on a LAN, why not have each machine keep
its log files on the other?

I'm trying to reduce power consumption, not double it.