USB Kubuntu 8.04 - How to boot from 2nd HD?

Hi!

I have installing Kubuntu 8.04 persistent on my 2G usb stick,
following the tutorial at the url (
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/usb-ubuntu-804-installation-from-windows/)
.. That was ok. The problem is: I am using a eeepc 701 with windows xp
on the 2nd hard drive (/dev/sdb1). So i can not run the windows from
the menu options (Boot from first Disk). I tried modify the line:
"localboot: 0x80" to other values (0x81,0x90, etc) and did not work.
(actually, i dont know what i am doing) I just dont understand the
mean of this value or how to set the correct value to /dev/sdb1.

Hope you can help me!

Thanks!
Jamilson
Brazil

  • Re: USB Kubuntu 8.04 - How to boot from 2nd HD?
    ... I have installing Kubuntu 8.04 persistent on my 2G usb stick, ... I am using a eeepc 701 with windows xp ... I just dont understand the ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • USB Kubuntu 8.04 - How To set boot from 2nd HD?
    ... I have installing Kubuntu 8.04 persistent on my 2G usb stick, ... I am using a eeepc 701 with windows xp ... I just dont understand the ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: Making a USB bootdisk...
    ... U can install wine on a Linux machine and run windows exe. ... Re: Making a USB bootdisk... ... just by using dd to copy to the ISO to the disk. ... Download LiveUSB creator for Windows platform. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Video editing in Linux?
    ... However most software under linux is either well engineered or has ... >>if the code in linux were as poor as that in windows, ... You dont compiler userspace code for your kernel you ... Quite honestly, NTFS ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Locked memory
    ... or dont know anything about. ... on Windows, and they all run like "a bat out of hell". ... Lets create some bitmap manipulation code, ... Teory in programming counts for NOP. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)