Re: FTP Access

On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 10:02:21 -0800, ExecMan wrote:

Hi,

I need some help. I am running CentOS 5.x. I have disabled FTP and
only allow SSH / SFTP. I would like to prevent certain users from
going outside their home directories. So, when a given user logs in to
transfer files, or SSH's in, they are contained to their home directory
tree only.

Not sure about CentOS, I'm using Debian, but I suspect that it will be
similar...

On Debian:

Depends what you want to allow.
SCP/SFTP has a built-in chroot that you can use - pretty painless.

However, if you want to allow SSH, then it gets a lot more complicated.
I used a customised version of this:

http://www.fuschlberger.net/programs/ssh-scp-sftp-chroot-jail/

Regards
JohnT