Re: Setting up a linux server.
- From: Gordon <gonzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 04:44:32 +0000 (UTC)
Aragorn <aragorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:ir1k0t$4iv$2@dont-
I want to do this on the cheap. So i have a couple of
retired 1 Gig Athalon machines I would like to repurpose
Do you mean 1 GHz or 1 GB of RAM? If the latter, that's plenty for a
workstation, but perhaps a bit tight for a (busy) server.
If the former, 1 GHz is more than enough as a workstation which will
essentially be working as a thin client - well, X11 forwarding is not
exactly the same, but you can go the "thin client way" too. ;-)
Sorry; that would be a 1Ghz Athalon with about 256 or 512Mb of RAM.
This would be the server.
I have a pair of 2.5Ghz workstaions running Windows.
- Prev by Date: Re: Setting up a linux server.
- Next by Date: Re: Setting up a linux server.
- Previous by thread: Re: Setting up a linux server.
- Next by thread: Re: Setting up a linux server.