How to install CentOS 6 from LiveCD?
- From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 15:44:08 -0400
I feel dumb. I just downloaded CentOS-6.0-i386-LiveCD.iso from a mirror
and it has the correct md5 checksum. I burned it to a CD-ROM and I
assume it is OK. My question is that CentOS 5 took 6 CD Roms, and this
is only one. I hesitate to try to boot this disk because I do not know
what will happen, never having encountered a "Live CD" before. The
machine it is going in has no DVD reader, just a CD-ROM reader.
If I just stick that CD-ROM in and boot the machine, what will I get?
Will it install a minimal Linux system and some tools to get the rest of
.~. Jean-David Beyer Registered Linux User 85642.
/V\ PGP-Key: 9A2FC99A Registered Machine 241939.
/( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey http://counter.li.org
^^-^^ 15:35:01 up 15 days, 18:16, 3 users, load average: 5.14, 5.19, 5.23
- Prev by Date: Re: Help, the dog ate my MBR (Linux/Windows dual boot)
- Next by Date: Re: How to install CentOS 6 from LiveCD?
- Previous by thread: Re: Help, the dog ate my MBR (Linux/Windows dual boot)
- Next by thread: Re: How to install CentOS 6 from LiveCD?