Re: Really 'dumb' question: why does Linux have viruses? linux virus,

in 532876 20110901 192454 Hadron<hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

David Brown wrote:

Personally, I'd say that Linux is a standard mainstream
choice for general purpose servers (unlike the desktop, where it is a
niche choice) - but I would not claim it leads the market share.

I can't imagine why it wouldn't. It comes with everything you need
for free, unlike piecing-together an (expensive) Windows server...

No it doesnt. There are oodles of proprietary windows only server
applictions developed over years for large companies. You do know what a
server is dont you? We realise you're a foul mouhted, MS hating
ignoramous but dont think your basement view covers that of the world's
businesses - It doesnt. Yes, for "general" tasks such as file serving,
rdbms, mta etc etc it can be and is fine. But server do a LOT more than
this in real industry.

Your lack of knowledge of the real world is telling.

Anyone who has the sense to hate MS cannot be an "ignoramous".
Anyone who doesn't hate MS needs enlightenment.

  • Re: AOL and CS problems
    ... I do hate the spammers and I think people who write ... just yesterday I signed up for Comcast cable at the place I am ... It cost $15 for a one-time fee to get use of their SMTP server and it ... It is part of the cost of allowing spam to flow across the ...
  • Re: Delay in Sending posts.
    ... get error messages and haven't needed to copy any recently. ... I hate to top post but I since have been able to isolate some of my problems ... NNTP server is not responding and I am unable to highlight any text ... Sometimes I get an error when changing groups and it takes ...
  • Re: Remote Web Workplace not working for internet users.
    ... The entire Default Web Site is set up with IP level restrictions, ... I do have a love, hate, hate relationship with learning new things. ... >> When doing this in the Wizard, the server issues the certificate itself. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Security log chaos -
    ... dandy, now I have no idea what it is ... should just backup everything and RE-OS. ... I HATE THIS. ... >your server, you don't have to go with the sneakernet to make those changes ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: [OT] Re: A new reader? Welcome to alt.os.linux, read this first if youre new here (FAQ)
    ... and used it as proof of _a server_ without test groups. ... Again you rabid hate has blinded you to what was ... TRYING TO CLAIM A LIE OR HURTFUL COMMENTS ARE "HUMOR" DOES NOT MAKE THEM ...
    (alt.os.linux)