Re: Text modes show military times. How do I change it to 12 hours

On 11/28/2011 10:04 PM, J G Miller wrote:
On Monday, November 28th, 2011, at 21:10:39h -0500, Norman Peelman wrote:

12:00 AM is midnight, also known as 12 o'clock in the morning.

This is something I have never understood.

If midnight means "middle of the night", how can it be in the morning? ;)

Midnight last for a fraction of a second... And I contradicted myself in the previous post. 12 AM and 12 PM do not exist since they sit exactly on the line of the meridian and its polar opposite. They are neither before nor after the *meridians*. Itś only the time before or after them that count.

--
Norman
Registered Linux user #461062