Re: cannot boot ubuntu12.04 from CD (must mount partitions to recover data + reinstall windows 7 + ubuntu 12.04).
- From: philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 01:17:14 -0500
On 05/14/2012 04:45 PM, John Goche wrote:
I've had a windows + linux ubuntu 11.04 dual boot sony vaio laptop.
Everything was working fine until one day my windows 7
got a virus so I could only boot into Linux. The virus was
damaging my hard drive so I did not keep booting into
windows 7 any longer. One day I decided to reinstall
windows 7 from the hard disk windows 7 reinstallation
that came with the laptop (unfortunately I was not wise
enough to burn a windows 7 reinstallation cd before I got
Rescatux will repair grub for you
I just tested it on a spare machine and confirm that it works
- Prev by Date: Re: PPP Failing to start on Boot up!
- Next by Date: Apparmor 2.4 compatibility patch where?
- Previous by thread: Re: cannot boot ubuntu12.04 from CD (must mount partitions to recover data + reinstall windows 7 + ubuntu 12.04).
- Next by thread: PPP Failing to start on Boot up!