Re: ssh question

From: Alan P (alan_at_(nojunkplease)alancode.net)
Date: 01/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:12:31 +0000 (UTC)

"J.O. Aho" <user@example.net> wrote in message
news:bqirgt$24f4h5$1@ID-130698.news.uni-berlin.de...
> First of all, the X in the newsgroup name is for Xwindows and not for
"random".

> Xiaoshen Li wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I have a PC in the office running RedHat Linux 7.3 KDE and a PC at home
> > running Windows XP. I hope to use ssh to connect from home computer(Win
> > XP) to the office computer(Linux). To my surprise, my Linux computer in
> > the office doesn't have ssh installed. I went to www.ssh.com web page.
> > saw two links: "SSH Secure Shell for Workstations" and "SSH Secure
Shell

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=openssh-server&submit=Search+...&system=redhat-7.3&arch=

> Install the RPM (rpm -Uvh openssh-server-3.1p1-14.i386.rpm) and then you
have
> to enable it to startup when booting up: chkconfig --level 345 sshd on
>
> Now you need to start it, this will take a while when starting it for the
> first time, as it does create keys: /etc/init.d/ssh start
>

> You will need to modify the /etc/ssh/sshd_config to allow X applications
to be
> forwared to the client, but that requiers that the client is running some
kind
> of X server.
>

> //Aho

Hey, his name begins with X, maybe he thought was a group for people whose
names begin with X?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ssh question
    ... > running Windows XP. ... > Workstations, Servers and Window Servers. ... > exact name of the ssh software to install based on my case above. ... forwared to the client, but that requiers that the client is running some kind ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Removing an question when logging on to the 2k domain
    ... users on a client pc running windows 98 SE log on to the 200x domain (had ... | Windows Networking ... 9x clients by way of "limited administrative templates") or the .adm ...
  • Re: Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly
    ... process on the client. ... computers are running Windows XP Pro SP2. ... The network printers are from a server running Windows Server 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: How to remotely install software to clients?
    ... the client user is aware that new stuff is going to show ... Thanks for your tip but how do you "execute the install package on each ... I have a bunch of workstations running Windows 98, 2000, and XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.enterprise)
  • Security Event 676, Failure Code 17
    ... We are running Windows 2000 servers and XP on the ... desktops. ... security updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)