display identifier

From: John Qyindi (qjohnny2000_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/13/04

Date: 13 Mar 2004 05:33:47 -0800

Suppose you have 2 different programs running on different computers -
how do you tell if they are displaying on the same screen ?

You could ask them for the values of their DISPLAY variables but these
are often hard to compare b/c some people set the display to the
hostname:0, some to the IpAddress:0, some just to ":0" etc.

Is there some call to X that gives a unique value for a display ... or
some other way you could tell ???

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Automated information display
    ... The idea would be to have some data, say in CSV format and ... modern computers are capable of programming themselves. ... believe this is immediately obtainable trough programming of weak AI. ... display the data short of solving the entire AI problem. ...
    (comp.ai.philosophy)
  • Re: Data compression in roguelikes
    ... imagine -- they take lots of memory for repeating the same thing over ... Computers have problems with picture analysis. ... It's displaying slow, ... pathfinding algorithms to make your monsters move in them. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.development)
  • Error Handling
    ... Below is my practice sript to display domain names. ... The computers listed may not acutally be on the network and I thought the ... Dim strComputerRole ... Sub DetectRole ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Error Handling
    ... Below is my practice sript to display domain names. ... The computers listed may not acutally be on the network and I thought the ... Dim strComputerRole ... Sub DetectRole ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
  • Different Views of OU Dialog Boxes from XP vs Win2000
    ... >Users old machine was Windows 2000 Pro, ... >in Active Directory Users and Computers called Contacts. ... >Tabs in the dialog box.... ... Is there anyway to get XP to display ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)