Removing _NET_WM_STATE_SHADED from window state

From: Xin Li (
Date: 06/29/04

    Date: 28 Jun 2004 16:05:09 -0700

    I'm trying to find a way to unroll a window that's been "rolled up".
    That is if you press Alt + F12 on a window, which causes it to dispaly
    only its title bar. Apparently, when the window is rolled up, one of
    the atoms in its state collection is the _NET_WM_STATE_SHADED atom.
    So I've tried the following code to unroll a window:

    Atom op = XInternAtom (display, "_NET_WM_STATE_REMOVE", True);
    Atom net_wm_state = XInternAtom(display, "_NET_WM_STATE", True);
    Atom net_wm_state_shaded = XInternAtom(display,
    "_NET_WM_STATE_SHADED", True);
    XEvent e;
    e.xclient.type = ClientMessage;
    e.xclient.message_type = net_wm_state;
    e.xclient.display = display;
    e.xclient.window = win;
    e.xclient.format = 32;[3] = 0l;[4] = 0l;[0] = op;[1] = net_wm_state_shaded;[2] = net_wm_state_shaded;
    XSendEvent(display, DefaultRootWindow(display), False,
    (SubstructureRedirectMask|SubstructureNotifyMask), &e);

    However, it doesn't seem to do anything. Any hints or pointers would
    be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Xin Li