Re: Nvidia -- full screen?

From: J.O. Aho (user_at_example.net)
Date: 09/28/04

    Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:37:45 +0200

    Rick wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm trying to setup my first home linux box and am having problems with
    > X windows and my nvidia RIVA TNT 32mb card ... I think.
    >
    > I have SUSE 9.0 that I downloaded from their site ... the install went
    > well, but I'm unable to get the video configured to use the entire 19"
    > Dell monitor that I'm using... I currently have the resolution set to
    > 1280x1024 but there are 2+ inch boarders around the usable screen area.
    > SUSE uses SaX2 to configure the X86Config file... I've tried to use
    > this tool to stretch and center the screen, but it doesn't seem to work.
    >
    > So, does anyone know how to address this problem? I need to
    > center/stretch my screen image to use the entire 19" monitor screen.

    There should be some buttons on your monitor, use those to stretch out the
    image to the size and shape you want it to be.

    > (I can't use the monitor controls since I share the monitor with a
    > Windows box and changing it there would screw up that configuration --
    > which is using the same resoution btw).

    Check that the frequencies aren't the same (I guess they aren't, or else you
    wouldn't have the borders), as long they aren't the same, there aren't any
    problems to use the monitor controlls.

      //Aho

    • Re: XP setup screen does not fill screen
      ... to windows and change the resolution...I told him how can i change ... screen nicely...but its the setup that is the problem. ... Its an excellent monitor otherwise..but rotten support. ... Again Video card with HDTV seems limiting itself to the TV mode. ...
      (rec.video.desktop)
    • Re: XP setup screen does not fill screen
      ... to windows and change the resolution...I told him how can i change the ... screen nicely...but its the setup that is the problem. ... If your problemonly occurs when installing/reinstalling Windows, and not when Windows is running, then your only remaining remedies are to use your HDTV monitor's internal menu and settings to temporarily adjust your monitor to make these hidden buttons appear, and if your monitor has no such range of adjustment, then to replace your video card with one which has better support for your specific HDTV. ...
      (rec.video.desktop)
    • Re: full-screen video on second monitor
      ... monitor and full-sceen on a second monitor. ... I have a stong need for this type of display setup. ... The VMR7 instance will attempt to use and overlay ... If your video card is so ...
    • Re: Monitor question
      ... opt for dual-monitors rather than1 LARGER monitor? ... video card with dual head capabilities and here I ... Setup was plain easy (in twinview mode, ... the two displays act as separated screens so I can launch two ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: XP setup screen does not fill screen
      ... to windows and change the resolution...I told him how can i change the ... screen nicely...but its the setup that is the problem. ... Its an excellent monitor otherwise..but rotten support. ... i believe its limited to the TV and not the VGa MODE. ...
      (rec.video.desktop)