Re: Nvidia -- full screen?

From: J.O. Aho (user_at_example.net)
Date: 09/28/04

    Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:37:45 +0200

    Rick wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm trying to setup my first home linux box and am having problems with
    > X windows and my nvidia RIVA TNT 32mb card ... I think.
    >
    > I have SUSE 9.0 that I downloaded from their site ... the install went
    > well, but I'm unable to get the video configured to use the entire 19"
    > Dell monitor that I'm using... I currently have the resolution set to
    > 1280x1024 but there are 2+ inch boarders around the usable screen area.
    > SUSE uses SaX2 to configure the X86Config file... I've tried to use
    > this tool to stretch and center the screen, but it doesn't seem to work.
    >
    > So, does anyone know how to address this problem? I need to
    > center/stretch my screen image to use the entire 19" monitor screen.

    There should be some buttons on your monitor, use those to stretch out the
    image to the size and shape you want it to be.

    > (I can't use the monitor controls since I share the monitor with a
    > Windows box and changing it there would screw up that configuration --
    > which is using the same resoution btw).

    Check that the frequencies aren't the same (I guess they aren't, or else you
    wouldn't have the borders), as long they aren't the same, there aren't any
    problems to use the monitor controlls.

      //Aho