Blurred or Microscopic

From: Rolleston (rolleston_at_onetel.net.uk)
Date: 09/29/04

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:24:32 +0000

I have Fluxbox running on top Gentoo. Everything looks pin-sharp and
lovely, but the text is too small to read without ruining my eyesight.

The resolution is set to 1024x768, but if I set it to 800x600 using
xrandr, everything becomes blurred.

Is there a way of solving this problem?

I have successfully used the 800x600 setting within Windows XP.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop with a visible screen that
measures 324x259. The refresh rate is 60 Hz. xorg.conf contains
this: Modes "800x600". Despite that, the resolution is always as
stated above when I run "startx /usr/bin/fluxbox".

Thanks,

R.