Blurred or Microscopic

From: Rolleston (rolleston_at_onetel.net.uk)
Date: 09/29/04

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:24:32 +0000

I have Fluxbox running on top Gentoo. Everything looks pin-sharp and
lovely, but the text is too small to read without ruining my eyesight.

The resolution is set to 1024x768, but if I set it to 800x600 using
xrandr, everything becomes blurred.

Is there a way of solving this problem?

I have successfully used the 800x600 setting within Windows XP.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop with a visible screen that
measures 324x259. The refresh rate is 60 Hz. xorg.conf contains
this: Modes "800x600". Despite that, the resolution is always as
stated above when I run "startx /usr/bin/fluxbox".

Thanks,

R.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: well vind/so1/robby/hornet/bede/farva/chad/barnett/kfv im off ...
    ... between the bad resolution of my monitor [it IS ... my TV], the lurry picture and my bad eyesight, she looks like she has ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • user settings
    ... common to all. ... resolution is different for my wife. ... this makes things too small for my wife to read comfortably ... (as her eyesight is not as good). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Snap and LCD monitors
    ... I'm pretty sure my NVIDEA ... GeForce3 should be able to output that resolution. ... And my eyesight isn't all that good. ...
    (comp.os.os2.setup.misc)
  • Re: About font sizes
    ... Chris Hughes wrote: ... That depends on the resolution of the screen and its physical dimensions. ... acceptable for their resolution, screen size and eyesight. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Re: Any way to improve desktop clarity?
    ... I found that the desktop is mostly unreadable unless I drop my resolution ... While that improves the clarity, ... primary display - I'm not expecting to get it pin-sharp as I realise that ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)