how to eliminate tearing effect on MIT-SHM

From: nick_faye (ivpfmc28_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/23/04

Date: 23 Oct 2004 00:24:36 -0700

Hi,

I am using the MIT-SHM extension on XFree86 to display the captured
images of my camera. However, when the captured image is moving, the
tearing effect on the display is really visible. I am using this code
to get the ShmCompletion event:

  XShmPutImage( display, wnd, gc, xi, 0, 0, 0, 0, width, height, true
);
  XSync( display, false );
  XIfEvent( display, &ev, predicate, 0 );

where predicate() is:

static Bool predicate(Display *display, XEvent *ev, XPointer arg)
{
  if(ev->type == iCompletionType) return True;
  else return False;
}

and

int iCompletionType = XShmGetEventBase(display) + ShmCompletion;

However, my display still has the tearing effect. Can somebody help
me? Please?

Or is it really possible to eliminate the tearing effect?

nick_faye