Re: Prevent virtual desktop panning

From: Niklas Ramsberg (bacon.not_at_someisp.se)
Date: 12/30/04

    Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:11:42 +0100

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:06:33 -0500, Michael C. wrote:

    > On 29 Dec 2004 08:03:29 GMT,
    > Niklas Ramsberg <bacon.not@someisp.se> wrote:
    >> Is there a way to prevent the virtual desktop from panning when I move
    >> the mouse pointer out of the current view area? It gets very annoying
    >> when playing Starcraft in a 640x480 window with the visible screen set
    >> to the same resolution (the virtual desktop is at 1400x1280 IIRC). As
    >> soon as I happen to move the mouse outside the visible screen, the the
    >> window with Starcraft scrolls out of view.
    [snip]
    > As long as you know what command you need to issue to start the game, do
    > a Ctrl+Alt+F1, log in, and startx `which twm` -- :1, start an xterm, and
    > issue the required command. You should be able to switch between the
    > two screens with Ctrl+Alt+F7/F8.

    X starts (I get the Nvidia splash screen) but then it exits with :

    /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm: bad command line option "which"

    and lists all command line options for xterm.

    --
    Niklas Ramsberg
    aka

    • Re: TaskWindow and Copy commands
      ... it also changes the mouse pointer (because it seems to use ... The window may be partially or wholly obscured by another window, ... If it is a program running the command, then OS_Byte 106 can be used to ... makes it difficult to resolve either of the above problems! ...
      (comp.sys.acorn.programmer)
    • Dragonfly Mouse pointer gymnastics without clicking
      ... That tiny simple "from" command is useful for many of my scripts. ... Place the mouse pointer on the title bar and say ... then say "place" to end the window placement. ...
      (comp.lang.beta)
    • TaskWindow and Copy commands
      ... If a Copy command is used in a TaskWindow with the Confirm option on, ... it also changes the mouse pointer (because it seems to use ... The window may be partially or wholly obscured by another window, ...
      (comp.sys.acorn.programmer)
    • Mouse-click control
      ... anybody knows how to send a mouse click in a non-Matlab window, ... imposed the coordinates of the pointer with: ... (this command works also out of the root window) ...
      (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
    • Re: Great SWT Program
      ... mostly solve the blind-typing problem that I definitely recall emacs ... Except of course that you need to know some arcane command language ... Hitting tab should insert a tab ... one-line "window" in which the rest of what I type appears, ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)