How to create bootable/live CD of installed OS

From: Narendra (nsingh2609_at_gmail.com)
Date: 02/23/05

    Date: 23 Feb 2005 05:01:24 -0800

    hello,
    i am new bie to linux , i have installed two OS(linux) on different
    partitions , i customize one according to my needs ,now i want to make
    bootable/live CD of my customized OS with the help of base OS. I
    searced many algo's but none of them is clear to me , bootloader of my
    new OS is GRUB ,i try with image of bootable floppy but all in vain,
    now i create initial ramdisk image of 1.3MB ,now i am not able to
    create image of floppy bcz of size(kernel image+ initd).
    i am trying this from last 1 month . so plz help me in this.
    thanx in advance
    Regards:
    Narendra

    • How to create a bootable/live CD of installed linux OS
      ... partitions, i customize one according to my needs,now i want to make ... new OS is GRUB,i try with image of bootable floppy but all in vain, ... so plz help me in this. ...
      (comp.os.linux.portable)
    • How to create a bootable/live CD of installed linux OS
      ... partitions, i customize one according to my needs,now i want to make ... new OS is GRUB,i try with image of bootable floppy but all in vain, ... so plz help me in this. ...
      (comp.os.linux.questions)
    • How to create a bootable/live CD of installed Linux OS
      ... partitions, i customize one according to my needs,now i want to make ... new OS is GRUB,i try with image of bootable floppy but all in vain, ... so plz help me in this. ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.system)
    • How to make bootable/live CD of installed OS
      ... partitions, i customize one according to my needs,now i want to make ... new OS is GRUB,i try with image of bootable floppy but all in vain, ... so plz help me in this. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: How to create a bootable/live CD of installed Linux OS
      ... > i am new bie to linux, i have installed two OSon different ... > new OS is GRUB,i try with image of bootable floppy but all in vain, ... You simply cannot take a working installation, tweak a little, copy it ... There are ways to customize a ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.system)