No login box

From: jswalls110 (at) hotmail dot com (jswalls110_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/22/05

    Date: 22 Jul 2005 10:03:34 -0700

    I am running RH 9, and yesterday all of a sudden I could no longer get
    a login box. I think it had to do with the fonts getting messed up
    (guess). I reloaded X and kde to try to restore it. No luck.

    This is also running LTSP as a terminal server, and all systems are
    getting the same results, a spinning hourglass and nothing else.

    The main X console generates no error in /var/log/messages, but when I
    reboot an LTSP terminal, I get a kdm error - Fatal IO error 104
    (Connection reset by peer).

    Thats it for messages.

    Anybody give me an idea as to WTF is going on here? This is 2/3rds of
    my companies WS that are hosed right now, and the boss is not a happy
    camper.

    XFS is up and so is X.

    Jeff Walls

    • Re: IISRESET needed for clients to reestablish TS-connection
      ... I hope this might have been the login failures on our TS through TS Gateway. ... This event is generated when a logon session is destroyed. ... Our clients are able to reconnect to the Terminal Server after this ...
    • RE: lock down Terminal server
      ... I tried to use your methord to setup. ... I moved Terminal server to OU-TS Lockdown. ... For my understanding about your email, I thought that when I login from ...
    • RE: lock down Terminal server
      ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... I moved Terminal server to OU-TS Lockdown. ... I setup the following: ... when I login from regular user, the Run should be dispear, I ...
    • Re: Thin clients
      ... The RDP file can simply be created by configuring your mstsc connection then ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... Is it possible to make the login to Terminal Services be the default ...
    • Re: Terminal Service Error
      ... I'm speaking of the actual windows login screen not from the client. ... I also see no mention of the rdp6 client being mentioned in the description of the problem. ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... "Jeff Pitsch" wrote in message ...