How to setup X to run with no keyboard attached

From: James Kimble (jkimble_at_one.net)
Date: 09/01/05

    Date: 1 Sep 2005 08:35:51 -0700

    Is there a way to allow X to work without a hardware KB? I know
    if you don't attach a keyboard X will poll for it, time out, and
    then continue and come up. What I'm looking for is a way to specify
    no keyboard so that X never even looks for the device.

    The problem I'm having is I have a need to reset X on a dedicated
    application server and the CPU holdoff that results from X looking
    for the non-existant KB causes the app to fault out (very time
    critical app).

    Any help much appreciated.

    James Kimble