How to setup X to run with no keyboard attached

From: James Kimble (jkimble_at_one.net)
Date: 09/01/05

    Date: 1 Sep 2005 08:35:51 -0700

    Is there a way to allow X to work without a hardware KB? I know
    if you don't attach a keyboard X will poll for it, time out, and
    then continue and come up. What I'm looking for is a way to specify
    no keyboard so that X never even looks for the device.

    The problem I'm having is I have a need to reset X on a dedicated
    application server and the CPU holdoff that results from X looking
    for the non-existant KB causes the app to fault out (very time
    critical app).

    Any help much appreciated.

    James Kimble

    • How to setup X to run with no keyboard attached
      ... if you don't attach a keyboard X will poll for it, time out, and ... no keyboard so that X never even looks for the device. ... critical app). ...
      (comp.windows.x)
    • Re: How to setup X to run with no keyboard attached
      ... > Is there a way to allow X to work without a hardware KB? ... > if you don't attach a keyboard X will poll for it, time out, and ... > no keyboard so that X never even looks for the device. ...
      (comp.windows.x)
    • Re: Replica 1
      ... attach either ASCII Keyboard or PS/2 Keyboard ... connect Video jack with Monitor (old homecomputer monitor that is, ...
      (comp.sys.apple2)
    • Re: kbdmux/syscons/vidcontrol interacts badly with X/radeon
      ... restart' on keyboard attach. ... startup, then via kbdmux/devd/syscons restart. ... Don't do a full restart, but refactor the keyboard ... code in syscons into a separate function and only call this function. ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: How to lower laptop display brightness
      ... Are you using the laptop's keyboard when hitting the Fn key? ... attach a USB keyboard? ... When you press Fn+F11 to go into numeric keypad overlay mode, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)