Re: SSH Tunneling of X protocol from non-interactive session

paulg_at_at-cantab-dot.net
Date: 10/10/05

    Date: 10 Oct 2005 10:57:25 +0100 (BST)

    Crosspost deleted and followups set to comp.windows.x

    In comp.windows.x Dobes Jiri <dobes@marian.fsik.cvut.cz> wrote:

    > M> ssh -x C

    This disables X fordwarding not enables it.

    You need

    M> ssh -Y C

    This enables trusted X11 forwarding.

    Using -X enables untrusted forwarding and things like copy and paste won't
    work.

    You do not need xhost+ and you do not need to se the display environment
    variable and you do not need to explictly forward the X ports.

    On C you should get something like

    C> echo $DISPLAY
    localhost:18.0

    If you then do

    C> xterm &

    It should display on the X server running on M.

    -p

    --
     "What goes up must come down, ask any system administrator"

    • Re: ssh -X shop problem...
      ... You need 'ssh -Y' for most things now. ... -Y Enables trusted X11 forwarding. ... because everyone is supposed to know WTF a docbook file is. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Laptop lid-button problem
      ... I'm running Slackware 10.0 with a 2.4.27 kernel on a Dell Inspiron 500m ... laptop, when compiling the kernel with ACPI-support (only CONFIG_ACPI, ... no sub-options enabled) the display will not come back on after closing ... ACPI-support since it enables me to monitor the battery-status. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: sys(3054) and set filter
      ... Enables the display of the Rushmore filter optimization levels. ... Enables or disables display of Rushmore optimization levels for queries. ...
    • Re: Recommend a PCI-E graphics card for Apple CRT on Dell PC?
      ... There is nothing in Control Panel> Display that enables me ... Yeah, if you were running Linux it'd be easy, but I don't know any method on Windows other than a tortuous text file tweak & reinstall process. ...
      (uk.comp.homebuilt)
    • To track the SQL Server process
      ... A click event which enables a batch process to run in sql server. ... I will show a pop up to display the progress of the back end activity.. ...