using X apps across the LAN?

I have Debian/sarge (xfree86, Gnome) on one system and FreeBSD 6.0
(x.org, icewm) on another. I've never tried to do X across the LAN
before. If it's possible, what would I need to do to run applications
on the Linux system from the FreeBSD box?

  • Re: Switching from KDE to Gnome [is a BIG mistake]
    ... > Ed Hurst wrote: ... obviously the issues with gnome are not OS related, then, eh? ... In FreeBSD, IceWM is linked by default to Gnome 2. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Problems with Bluetooth LAN access
    ... while trying to access my LAN from iPaq 2210 through ... FreeBSD 5.3 box via Bluetooth. ... sanvean% /etc/rc.bluetooth start ubt0 ... Service Name: LAN Access using PPP ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • sharing a DSL connection using FreeBSD-5.3
    ... i have a freebsd machine which i want to use to share my DSL ... connect to my DSL provider which gave me a static IP address. ... setup with one LAN card and correctly setup IP address & settings, ... dc0: flags=8843mtu 1500 ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Problems with inward PPTP tunnel
    ... I've routinely used FreeBSD to create firewall routers which protect the machines inside the firewall from attempted connections from the outside world, but allow an administrator to "tunnel into" the LAN using PPTP to do maintenance. ... I knew that the PPTP daemon invokes FreeBSD's userland PPP program, which creates the routing table entries that make the tunnel work. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Fwd: pppNAT woes =(
    ... more time consuming (go and buy the card and stuff, ... add second NIC card to FreeBSD box and cable it to switch. ... FreeBSD box is common gateway to internet for all pc on LAN and all ...
    (freebsd-questions)