a problem with vera/dejavu sans mono fonts

these fonts (vera/dejavu sans mon) are ok when accessed as TrueType
fonts, but when accessed as generic X fonts, not as TrueType, all
instances of ASCII 0x20 (SPACE) are rendered with empty rectangular
glyphs, like in
_
aaa|_|bbb

tia,
In tutti noi c'è un lato interista
Lato perlopiù nascosto dalle mutande.
--- Basil Fawlty, a reti unificate (IFQ+ISC)

  • Re: Testing fonts for embeddability: finding fsType
    ... The presence of ‘/sfnts’ keys suggests you have fonts with TrueType ... According to the PostScript language reference, ... fonts have no way to specify embeding restrictions. ... Distiller can check and respect embedding options. ...
    (comp.lang.postscript)
  • Re: Font toolbar quickchooser oddity
    ... Century 702 Schoolbook SWA Italic (TrueType) ... something 'special' about these fonts, ... I've seen taht one, and seen several ... other printer manul references, though all seem to be only a font ...
    (microsoft.public.word.printingfonts)
  • Font encodings
    ... I have started to revamp my bookhands fonts (cover the period between ... extending them to include all the glyphs in the TeX T1 layout. ... programs except for email so can't test any TrueType. ... including remapping from the Type 1 and TrueType encodings to LaTeX ones. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Switching from Mac to PC questions
    ... On the PC side should we stick to Postscript fonts or does it ... TrueType fonts are arguably a little easier to ... Our server is currently running OS X server 10.2.8, ...
    (comp.publish.prepress)
  • Re: Printing Spanish diacritical marks.
    ... TrueType and PostScript Type 1 ... are among the types of fonts Word can use (it can also use printer-resident ... > uppercase characters, and pasted them onto the document I was working on. ... >> accents would have room to print on uppercase letters. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)