Re: Multiple X servers on boot

dominator staggered into the Black Sun and said:
How do I run 3 instances of X, independent of each other, at boot
time? I'm using Xubuntu [and] GDM

gdm is the thing that starts X here. So edit gdm.conf such that it
starts X on :0, :1, and :2. I'm not sure precisely what you'd change,
since I use kdm, but there should be a bunch of comments in your
gdm.conf that will tell you what's going on.

--
This is my rifle, this is my GNU
This is for fighting, this is for $FOO!

  • Re: locked out from gdm - input field greyed out
    ... Is there a way to edit gdm.conf from the command line? ... You need to edit the file /etc/gdm/gdm.conf. ... gdm with the standard configuration files which are included in the ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: When I change gdm.conf file, greeter stops working
    ... As I recall, when GDM starts up, it looks in gdm.conf-custom first, and ... I don't think you should edit gdm.conf, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: problem with gdm
    ... Zhang, Peng wrote: ... > actually enter as root account. ... The way I start gdm is to edit ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Multiple X servers on boot
    ... I'm using Xubuntu GDM ... So edit gdm.conf such that it ... Email addy ROT13 encrypted ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: Multiple X servers on boot
    ... Dances With Crows wrote: ... I'm using Xubuntu GDM ... So edit gdm.conf such that it ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)