Re: Multiple X servers on boot
- From: Michal Jaegermann <michal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 19:45:04 +0000 (UTC)
dominator <qbzvangbe22@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 18:06:53 +0000, Michal Jaegermann wrote:....
Assuming reasonably current version of gdm make section '[servers]'
in /etc/gdm/custom.conf to read
As it says on a manpage for gdm:
"See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/ for more details".
The file is actually gdm.conf-custom (on Ubuntu anyway).
OK. Minor detail. Likely you can specify in a compilation
time where to look for configuration files.
Thank you both. It's working like a charm.
You may want to add in a greeter section
where this "something" produces different backgrounds depending on what
is in DISPLAY enviroment variable. What is shown is a question of your
imagination but that way you may see which server you going to use.
This will work if /usr/libexec/gdmlogin is used for a greeter instead of
If doing that then check what is a meaning of configuration
again in a location suggested by manpage.
- Prev by Date: Re: Multiple X servers on boot
- Next by Date: xserver-xorg does not restore textmode ?
- Previous by thread: Re: Multiple X servers on boot
- Next by thread: xserver-xorg does not restore textmode ?