xserver-xorg does not restore textmode ?
- From: B Thomas <no@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 24 Jun 2007 23:38:21 GMT
I am running svgatextmode on debian/etch and use xserver-xorg 7.0.16.
On returning to the console after shuting down the xserver I find
that the enhanced text mode is not restored properly, instead
X returns the console to the 80x25 mode. As a result the screen
is messed up and the prompt does not line up with the left margin.
I need to restart svgatextmode manually to set things right again.
Some googling suggested that this was a bug in version 7.0.16,
which I am inclined to believe as it did not happen in
Is there any fix to this problem short of upgrading the xserver
(since I prefer to stay with debian/stable packages) ? I mean
is there any way to tell the xserver that it must restart
svgatextmode every time it exits of switches between the
console and X.
- Prev by Date: Re: Multiple X servers on boot
- Next by Date: multimonitor live video billboard
- Previous by thread: Multiple X servers on boot
- Next by thread: multimonitor live video billboard