"xclock -display" from guest vserver to host?

Hi,
My host runs an X server on its display :0
The same host has a vserver running (it is an OS-level virtualization).
Host's name is "gentoo" and the guest vserver is "guest_gen."

Now from the vserver I do:
guest_gen / # xclock -display gentoo:0
Error: Can't open display: gentoo:0

gentoo is reachable because:
guest_gen / # ping gentoo
PING gentoo (192.168.0.4) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from gentoo (192.168.0.4): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.070 ms

and guest_gen can connect to X server on gentoo because:
localhost ~ # xhost
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
INET:guest_gen

So what is wrong here?
thank you for any answers

Agryppa

  • Re: "xclock -display" from guest vserver to host?
    ... My host runs an X server on its display:0 ... The same host has a vserver running. ... PING gentoo 56bytes of data. ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: Cannot connect to Win. Auth site with IP address in URL
    ... Internet Explorer can not display the webpage is a generic error message. ... If it still says the same thing then there is no response from IIS. ... httperr.log file on IIS server to see if http.sys is dropping the request for some reason (e.g. bad host name) ...
  • Re: What is the best way to define the Imported C function
    ... Ada's String is not C's ... Firstly Integer is not necessarily int, ... Host: out Unbounded_String; ... Display: out Display_ID; ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • RE: Problem with X server
    ... Try tunneling everything through ssh. ... This gets around the need to use the xhost and export display settings. ... Subject: Problem with X server ... On the local host, type: ...
    (RedHat)
  • Several issues with /etc/hosts.allow at a university setting
    ... automatically created a new hostname for my computer. ... Other problems that occur of this new arrangement is that my display ... I've heard xhost + is an insecure way of doing things though ... I don't want to be booted into the new host name even if the ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)