Re: "xclock -display" from guest vserver to host?

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:23:58 -0500, Agryppa
<byli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
My host runs an X server on its display :0
The same host has a vserver running (it is an OS-level virtualization).
Host's name is "gentoo" and the guest vserver is "guest_gen."

Now from the vserver I do:
guest_gen / # xclock -display gentoo:0
Error: Can't open display: gentoo:0

gentoo is reachable because:
guest_gen / # ping gentoo
PING gentoo (192.168.0.4) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from gentoo (192.168.0.4): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.070 ms

and guest_gen can connect to X server on gentoo because:
localhost ~ # xhost
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
INET:guest_gen

So what is wrong here?
thank you for any answers

Is the X server configured to listen on tcp? Have you tried ssh X
forwarding?

Agryppa

--
We have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's out.

  • "xclock -display" from guest vserver to host?
    ... My host runs an X server on its display:0 ... The same host has a vserver running. ... PING gentoo 56bytes of data. ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • gdm hangs
    ... gdm will hang 9 of 10 times when logging out. ... with or without the client having been connected to the Server. ... # Timed login, useful for kiosks. ... Must output the chosen host on stdout, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • problem with sendmail in solaris 9
    ... names that should be exposed as from this host, ... # save Unix-style "From_" lines at top of header? ... # work recipient factor ... # SMTP STARTTLS server options ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Add new cluster and use existing LUNs?
    ... Storport driver and Powerpath on all of our SAN host servers so we are trying ... In the end I think that I may play it cautious and create a new RAID group, ... > varied activity (DBMSes, Messaging Server, File Server, Web Servers, ... Some of the physical spindle limitations can be addressed through the SAN ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Log corruption on multiple webservers, log analyzers,...
    ... Related RFC´s about Internet Host Names convention: ... To succesfully attack a server with “ILLC” technique is mandatory that web ... a machine with a host name as "123.123.123.123" makes a request ... wouldn't appear in the access log file. ...
    (Bugtraq)