Re: best window manager for the following ?

on Saturday 07 July 2007 02:56
in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.x
John wrote:

I could not get KDE to do the above - I got it to work
with xinerama but it treated the two monitors as one
big display ( there was only 0:0 ).

I believe the whole point of xinerama is to make one
big virtual screen covered by multiple physical
monitors. So, comment out that line from xorg.conf
for a start.

sig goes here...
Peter D.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [kde-linux] KDE3 Apps to KDE4?
    ... have a triple-head setup and from what I can tell I cannot use this in ... Xinerama is usually preferred today anyway. ... DPI reporting when the two monitors differ in DPI. ...
  • Re: Dual Monitors - Wall paper
    ... acceleration, xinerama and moved the monitors the way they were arranged ... go across both monitors. ... I tried turning off xinerama ... but plain old dual screens. ...
  • Re: Dual Monitors on Linux with FVWM
    ... you don't need Xinerama to use multiple monitors. ... # Screen "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0" ...
  • Re: xorg.conf xinerama and composite
    ... multiple monitors. ... Sax2 seems not to be able to set xinerama correct as every time I tell ... It used to work fine of Opensuse 11.1 so I'm not sure what is going on. ...
  • Re: Suse 11 - Dual Screens
    ... I have a copy of Suse 11 and would like to experiment with it but ... unless I can use the dual screens I wont be happy. ... Xinerama is in X itself, ... Check the box and setup both monitors. ...