Re: Is it possible to extended the display, not a mirror, from a single headed graphics card?

on Wednesday 10 October 2007 18:10
in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.x
selva wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to extended the display, not a mirror, from a single
headed graphics card? (seems to be possible)

What do you want? Do you want to run two monitor (showing different
things) from a single video card with a single VGA port?

In the past I have run two monitors with each plugged into a video
card, where each card had only one VGA port. Each monitor was
displaying part of the desktop.

I don't want to use Xdmx for this. What i want is that i would like to
access the extended display area.

Xinerama may be solution for this because it is supporting extended
display(spanning the display) with multi head graphics card.

I was using Xinerama.

Plz suggest me a solution.

Thanks in advance,
selva.

--
sig goes here...
Peter D.

  • Re: Blank screen after installing Graphics Drivers
    ... However thank your for your reply, I suspect that the card may be failing, ... nasty habit of frying Graphics cards, I will try another monitor, ... Sytem boots into safe mode okay with display and also vga mode okay with ... I have tried both DVI and VGA cable to rule out resolution and refresh ...
  • Re: Can a graphics card kill an LCD display?
    ... > card to kill a LCD display? ... > a LCD but that fact that I see a green lit led on the monitor when attached ... > circuitry that drives the image display of the card is dead. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Video card (?) failure
    ... display completely shutdowns down the video display. ... > supported and the card fails at boot up. ... With the monitor ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Just to check.. EGA card compatability with IBM 5153
    ... I have an IBM XT with a CGA 5153 display and appropriate CGA ... I have recently been given an AST 3G Plus II card, ... case with the IBM 5153 display, or if I was to push EGA on the monitor, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic)
  • Re: [opensuse] Cant set resolution after NVIDIA graphics card installation.
    ... NVIDIA: Assigned Display Device: CRT-0 ... Maybe I should examine the card more closely.) ... removing the card and using sax2 to generate a new xorg.conf file, ... first try to configure proper monitor size for your monitor if YaST ...
    (SuSE)