Re: Dragging windows is useless

Jarno Suni <look@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is dragging windows a function of X or a window manager? I think there

X just draws the windows, any window handling is done by the window
manager.

could be a better way to manage window positions and sizes than usual
dragging. I can't think of situation where you need a window to be
partially visible,

I often have windows only partially visible, e.g. because I only need
a small part of the window (like if I'm waiting for something to
finish) or I regularly need to switch between a few windows on the
same virtual desktop using the mouse.

but that kind of situation is easy to run into when you move or
resize windows by dragging.

Some window managers support "tiled mode", i.e no overlapping windows,
like ion or awesome

Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>

  • Re: Where get list of RUN commands?
    ... RUN COMMANDS: ... MIGWIZ.EXE - File and Settings Transfer Wizard ... MSMSGS.EXE - Windows Messenger ... CMSTP.EXE - Connection Manager Profile Installer ...
  • Re: CMD
    ... A list of the commands will be displayed on your monitor. ... MIGWIZ.EXE - File and Settings Transfer Wizard ... MSMSGS.EXE - Windows Messenger ... CMSTP.EXE - Connection Manager Profile Installer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: WIA and hibernation again
    ... Remote Access Connection Manager ... Windows Audio ... Success Audit 3/31/2010 1:26:17 PM Security Privilege Use 576 NETWORK SERVICE COMPAQ-2006 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • RE: Start > Run Commands
    ... These are GUI applications that can be opened from the run line. ... MIGWIZ.EXE - File and Settings Transfer Wizard ... MSMSGS.EXE - Windows Messenger ... CMSTP.EXE - Connection Manager Profile Installer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: DNS CORRUPT AND ALL SYSTEMS DOWN
    ... > DHCP Server ... > Remote Access Connection Manager ... > Windows Internet Name Service ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)