Re: Dragging windows is useless

Jarno Suni <look@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is dragging windows a function of X or a window manager? I think there

X just draws the windows, any window handling is done by the window
manager.

could be a better way to manage window positions and sizes than usual
dragging. I can't think of situation where you need a window to be
partially visible,

I often have windows only partially visible, e.g. because I only need
a small part of the window (like if I'm waiting for something to
finish) or I regularly need to switch between a few windows on the
same virtual desktop using the mouse.

but that kind of situation is easy to run into when you move or
resize windows by dragging.

Some window managers support "tiled mode", i.e no overlapping windows,
like ion or awesome

Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>