Re: How to get X Windows to stop blanking out
- From: phil-news-nospam@xxxxxxxx
- Date: 18 Jul 2008 13:36:56 GMT
On 18 Jul 2008 10:38:34 GMT Bob Tennent <BobT@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On 18 Jul 2008 06:01:55 GMT, phil-news-nospam@xxxxxxxx wrote:
| > On 17 Jul 2008 13:33:29 GMT Niklaus Kuehnis <kuehnik_0505@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| > wrote:
| >| phil-news-nospam@xxxxxxxx wrote:
| >|> I want to have X Windows stop blanking out the screen after some idle time.
| >|> I've tried things like "xset s 0 0" and "xset s noblank", but this seems to
| >|> have no effect towards my goal. I want to have the original screen just
| >|> stay on there indefinitely. I don't want it to switch to a screensaver,
| >|> either.
| >| man xset
| >| xset -dpms
| >| xset s off
| > And it still has no effect. Any other ideas to try?
| Is KDE or GNOME responsible for the "blanking"?
I doubt it. It happens without them as a desktop environment. I'm using fvwm.
But I could try KDE for a while.
|WARNING: Due to extreme spam, googlegroups.com is blocked. Due to ignorance |
| by the abuse department, bellsouth.net is blocked. If you post to |
| Usenet from these places, find another Usenet provider ASAP. |
| Phil Howard KA9WGN (email for humans: first name in lower case at ipal.net) |
- Prev by Date: Re: How to get X Windows to stop blanking out
- Next by Date: Re: How to get X Windows to stop blanking out
- Previous by thread: Re: How to get X Windows to stop blanking out
- Next by thread: Re: How to get X Windows to stop blanking out