-display localhost:0.0 doesn't work

I try to display x windows programs run on an other computer on my Fedora 10 computer running x windows.

If I press commands like rxvt -display localhost:0.0 I get the answer rxvt: can't open display localhost:0.0

xhost localhost

doesn't help

I have the same problem when I use remote host names and try remote x window programs.

  • Re: Vertical Mame question
    ... (I haven't used that frontend, but most of them have this feature). ... windows programs to vertical. ... When I launch the programs they display sideways, ...
    (rec.games.video.arcade.collecting)
  • Re: Setting default display for programs
    ... I have looked in the nVidia driver settings and have not found anything that ... > display drivers I've used. ... This applies o Windows programs like explorer, notepad, etc as ... >> There are some programs that dont pay attention to the display they were ...