Re: -display localhost:0.0 doesn't work

On April 14, 2009 11:39, in comp.os.linux.x, jka
(j_korthals_altes@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Yes I know that when I just type a program name without mentioning a
display the programs runs locally (somehow the DISPLAY environmental
variable is already set by the system to :0.0). But if it doesn't work
locally it is certainly not going to work over a network connection,
which possibly could have it's own configuration options, so I try
everything in first instance locally before I even think of trying it
via a network connection.

Gotcha. I just looked back at your "X Terminal" post, and now I understand
what you are trying to do. First, you try out the process on your local
machine, then (once you have the bugs worked out) you try it against your
remote server.

No problems.

Glad to be of help.
--