Re: xterm copy/paste in vi not working

loc <c320sky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just upgraded to Slackware current which is using X.Org 6.8.99.903(243)
and I'm having a problem with copy and paste in an xterm when using vi.
The copy only works for text selected which is currently displayed on the
screen, if I select text and then either scroll so the highlighted text is
no longer visible on the screen or close the xterm, I can't paste.

To reproduce go into vi and enter insert mode by pressing 'i' type something
then highlight it by clicking the left mouse button. Now press and hold
enter until the highlighted text scrolls off the screen and then press the
middle mouse button to try and paste. The text that was just selected does
not paste.

My vi/elvis version is 2.2.0, but I don't think it's a vi problem because
I was using that same vi version with xterm -version X.Org 6.8.99.903(232)
without this problem. However I don't have this copy/paste problem in
KDE's Konsole or vim, it's just vi using this newer version of xterm.
Any ideas what the problem may be?

Doing some more testing, vim has the same problem as elvis, but copy/paste
works good in Konsole so I think it is a bug with xterm version 243.
.