Re: XAWTV no sound

From: Cristian Gutierrez (crgutier_at_dcc.uchile.cl)
Date: 08/14/03

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:32:42 -0400

Anonymous coward <t_monkeyboy@yahoo.com> writes:

>Some additional information. Ichecked the logs and the msp3400 driver
>seems to recognize the chip as MSP3435G-B6. I'm running RedHat 7.3
>with the 2.4.20 kernel, not from the RedHat update but from the kernel
>archive. bttv0 entry also shows tuner = 2.

I don't exactly know about your card, but mine (PlayTV Pro) was a real
pita trying to get any sound of it. Magic came from the bttv_gpio and
audiomux parameters of bttv module. For me it was:

bttv_gpio=1 audiomux=2,0,2,0

Actually I scripted around audiomux probing every combination of
n_1,n_2,n_3,n_4 with n_i in [0,1,2]. As soon as I got actual sound, I
wrote it down, and fall asleep :-P (there wasn't an 'unique'
combination, though).

--
Cristian Gutierrez                                 Linux user #298162
crgutier[@]dcc.uchile.cl           http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~crgutier

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XAWTV no sound
    ... >with the 2.4.20 kernel, not from the RedHat update but from the kernel ... I don't exactly know about your card, but mine (PlayTV Pro) was a real ... audiomux parameters of bttv module. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: SUSE 10
    ... > Fritz Box SL Wlan and get an IP Adress, ... or the Netgear MA301 PCI Card. ... kernel source for the running kernel available as you will be building a ... Configuration successful. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • allocation failures with CBQ bandwidth limiting & high net use (was Re: Filesystem kernel hangup
    ... limiting, queuing and prioritization, *and* high network use (using ... "full_kernel_output" file for an idea of what kernel messages I was ... My IRQ is shared with that above TV card, ... kernel messages for about two hours from boot to crash). ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • athlon-xp + fakeraid regression
    ... The build completes fine, the kernel boots fine, the machine will seem to be fine as long as it remains quiescent. ... At the beginning, just after hitting enter on the make command, one of the ad4 disk light goes on solid for several seconds. ... There is a well known thing where these cheap pata fakeraid cards will try to do ata133 if the drive says it can, when really, even if he drives are new ata133 drives and the cables are new and short and shielded, you still shouldn't try to do ata133 since the spec is too tight and you'll just get bit errors or other failures. ... The fix is use ata100 somehow, either by disabling dma entirely in loader.conf (since you have no more selective option there, and the raid card bios never has an option for controlling pio/dma mode like motherboard bios's have) and then use atacontrol in rc.early to set udma5, or by using disks that can only do ata100 and only advertise ata100 to the controller. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Kdesud locking up, JMicron card reader not working, USB 3 Controller stops working after resumin
    ... especially when running Synaptics (but it happened ... You mean that when you insert a card, ... should go away in the next kernel releases. ... There are already some bug reports opened for this problem in Debian BTS ...
    (Debian-User)