Removing a kernel completely?

From: Tim Cambrant (tim_at_cambrant.com)
Date: 08/25/03

Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:46:19 GMT

Hi, I've just started experimenting with several kernels, and I currently
have three kernels installed on my system, choosable with grub. What if I
want to completely remove one of the kernels? Is it sufficient to remove the
/lib/modules/-directory for that specific kernel, as well as the bzImage?
What other (if any) kernel-version-unique files are installed into my system
after doing this:

# cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot
# make modules_install

I also want to be sure that I don't remove any generic linux-kernel files,
if any such exists. Don't leave me with a kernel-less system here. :) I
suppose I could read the makefile, but i want to make sure i don't miss
anything.

Thank you.

--
Tim Cambrant