Re: [Help] Dual boot system WindowsME & Linux RedHat 9.0

From: Sybren Stuvel (sybrenUSE_at_YOURthirdtower.imagination.com)
Date: 08/29/03

Date: 29 Aug 2003 05:46:42 GMT

Eric in Somewhere enlightened us with:
> I have already install Linux on "first sector of Linux Root
> Partition".

That would mean you have a Linux that is about 512 bytes long. That
would be a very small Linux installation! You mean your boot loader.

> Is it means I have to re-install Linux on "Main Boot Record"?

You won't have to re-install Linux to do anything. Re-installing the
OS is for windoze users. Linux users simply fix what is wrong. Edit
your lilo.conf to install to /dev/hda instead of /dev/hda1 and re-run
lilo.

Sybren