Re: [Help] Dual boot system WindowsME & Linux RedHat 9.0

From: Sybren Stuvel (sybrenUSE_at_YOURthirdtower.imagination.com)
Date: 08/29/03

Date: 29 Aug 2003 05:46:42 GMT

Eric in Somewhere enlightened us with:
> I have already install Linux on "first sector of Linux Root
> Partition".

That would mean you have a Linux that is about 512 bytes long. That
would be a very small Linux installation! You mean your boot loader.

> Is it means I have to re-install Linux on "Main Boot Record"?

You won't have to re-install Linux to do anything. Re-installing the
OS is for windoze users. Linux users simply fix what is wrong. Edit
your lilo.conf to install to /dev/hda instead of /dev/hda1 and re-run
lilo.

Sybren

  • >>>> INSTALL LINUX <<<<
    ... Linux Http Install Syntax ... Install Linux On Usb In Windows ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • [opensuse] Re: Suse 10.3 install - oh dear (rant only)
    ... when I share an opinion, I make an effort to do so in an unemotional way. ... Linux, and oftentimes suggest it to people who are willing to try ... is important to take into consideration not only the feedback that comes ... likely able to install the product on their own, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: OpenQM vs. Everything Else
    ... people who "support" Linux really only install stock distros. ... Debian is simply not drama queen. ... Linux or that of people like Martin, Doug, or other "engineer" types ... U2, RedHat and SuSE: ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: long time Linux user considering switching to OS-X
    ... > - Linux box. ... as well integrated with the MacOSX GUI (cut and paste is a bit ... than the typical Mac user. ... install gawk. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.portables)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 54, Issue 170
    ... I've never tried to install it with a disk ... Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install ... Re: Linux Outlaws (Armin) ... Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install ...
    (Fedora)