Linux Installation

From: Sherman H. (shung_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 09/01/03

    Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:52:56 GMT

    I am thinking about installing a Linux on my PC. I have two PC's: one has
    Windows 2000 server and the other has Windows XP as client. Would it be
    possible to install a Linux server and client and co-exist with my current
    Windows settings? That means the server has both Windows 2000 and Linux
    server; client also has Windows XP and Linux client?

    By the way, what would be the good choice among various Linux in the market?

    Thanks.

    • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
      ... It's the same Linux code base. ... Microsoft Office on a Windows server, it will install and run fine, the main ...
      (soc.culture.lebanon)
    • RE: Printing from Win9x clients stops
      ... Open Server Management. ... then right-click the name of the computer running Windows Small Business ... >From the client computer: ... The Select Network Component Type ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Question about Red Hat Linux Enterprise
      ... we have is running Windows 2000 Server ... Luckily running Apache + MySQL on a Linux system is not a lot ... MySQL database and injecting it back into the MySQL installation ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Sweet Success
      ... Let's continue to assume that I prefer Windows to anything else: ... neither Linux nor Windows may be the answer. ... While it may well be initially less expensive to install a Linux-based ... of Linux simultaneously, along with Windows Server, AIX, and OS/400. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] 70 million computers are using Windows 98 right now
      ... Linux is definitely not a natural migration pathway. ... Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Mac OS X seem to work pretty ... > desktop to server. ... But then the persons across the sea just can't install ...
      (Full-Disclosure)