Re: Switching distros from Red Hat to Mandrake

From: Daveman750 (dsimcha_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/13/03

    Date: 12 Oct 2003 22:47:20 -0700

    Bit Twister <BitTwister@localhost.localdomain> wrote in message news:<slrnbojrpv.u5e.BitTwister@wb.home>...
    > On 12 Oct 2003 17:12:11 -0700, Daveman750 wrote:
    > > I am fairly new to Linux and am considering switching distros from Red
    > > Hat to Mandrake because Red Hat seems too geared towards serious
    > > corporate Linux users, not newbies who are trying Linux more out of
    > > curiousity than anything. I hear that Mandrake is basically the
    > > distro geared most toward newbies. First, is this the case, and
    > > secondly, is there an easy way to set up Mandrake on a computer w/ Red
    > > hat installed, i.e. without losing everything on my Linux partition?
    >
    > What is the matter, you did not like all the answers given in the
    > other news group you posted to this morning?

    ??What??

    • Re: which linux to use for a 4 year old laptop??
      ... :> get familiar with Linux and try some GIS software on it before I ... Linux for quite sometime now, using Red Hat as new as 7.3, Mandrake as new ... and now I use SuSE. ... Red Hat wasn't bad at all. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: Installing redhat
      ... > new user of linux and the best linux operating system for the personal ... Red Hat, I couldn't get Mandrake to install, and I've not tried SUSE. ...
      (linux.redhat.install)
    • Re: Ubunto vs. Debian
      ... Mandrake is a fine linux. ... It's also a Red Hat derivative, so it fits into the ... I used Mandrake for a client perhaps a year ago, ... setting up desktop machines for the same clients. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: which linux to use for a 4 year old laptop??
      ... > get familiar with Linux and try some GIS software on it before I ... Linux for quite sometime now, using Red Hat as new as 7.3, Mandrake as new ... and now I use SuSE. ... Red Hat wasn't bad at all. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: I am amazed....
      ... Anyone got that Micro$oft feeling with RedHat$! ... > a late middle aged adult who started learning linux about 2+ yrs. ago. ... > at Mandrake by so many people in the Red Hat community. ... > to run to another quasi-commercial package rather than Mandrake. ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)