Re: SUSE 9.0

From: SuperDeamon (Invalid.me_at_local.Invalid.org)
Date: 10/15/03

Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 05:00:41 GMT

jiebke wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've read I think three articles about the release of SuSE 9.0. At the
> moment I'm running RedHat 8 and 9. I've worked on a RedHat machine
> since release 6.0, but with those articles I'm thinking about running
> SuSE. I wonder if you guys think it's a good idea to switch to this
> new release of SuSE.
>
> I would love to hear from you if you should do this to after reading
> the good comments.
>
> Greating
> Jef

Besides xandora or Lindows, any other distro would be better than dead rat.

I used SuSE 8.0 for a year or so, didn't have much problem with it accept
that there are less bloated distros out there but you may not get nice YaST
utilities and other wizards which come with SuSE with them(i.e Slackware,
Debian, Gentoo, etc.).

Relevant Pages

  • Re: article download speed...
    ... i'm using both suse 10.0 and windows xp. ... articles, when I started Azureus, the response time for displaying articles ... Closing the torrent restored the times to normal. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: SuSE doing everything _Right_
    ... >A lot of effort, time, and obviously money is being spent on disparaging ... >Why do these people feel so threatened by SuSE? ... (Anti Troll FAQ)" ... 12/14/2005 118 articles, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] wiki article: Why to use openSUSE
    ... nice than any other disto. ... That's why I use SuSE. ... Note that this is a list of reasons to use openSUSE, there are also articles ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: SUSE 9.0
    ... jiebke wrote: ... but with those articles I'm thinking about running ... > new release of SuSE ... patches and software upgrades. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: SUSE 9.0
    ... > I've read I think three articles about the release of SuSE 9.0. ... I've been a SuSE user since version 6.0. ... unnecessarily difficult to install the full complement of software. ...
    (comp.os.linux)