Re: SUSE 9.0

From: SuperDeamon (Invalid.me_at_local.Invalid.org)
Date: 10/15/03

Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 05:00:41 GMT

jiebke wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've read I think three articles about the release of SuSE 9.0. At the
> moment I'm running RedHat 8 and 9. I've worked on a RedHat machine
> since release 6.0, but with those articles I'm thinking about running
> SuSE. I wonder if you guys think it's a good idea to switch to this
> new release of SuSE.
>
> I would love to hear from you if you should do this to after reading
> the good comments.
>
> Greating
> Jef

Besides xandora or Lindows, any other distro would be better than dead rat.

I used SuSE 8.0 for a year or so, didn't have much problem with it accept
that there are less bloated distros out there but you may not get nice YaST
utilities and other wizards which come with SuSE with them(i.e Slackware,
Debian, Gentoo, etc.).